Saturday, March 27, 2010

Here I go again...

Here I go again...

How many times have I said I was going to become an active blogger? Ummmm....I don't know but it's a bunch. I think I just always wonder why anyone would be interested in what I have to say but then I enjoy reading the blogs of others so maybe they'll enjoy reading mine.

I've recently started an online shop at Etsy.com. Etsy is devoted to Handcrafted Items, although they also allow shops with Vintage items and supplies. I really thought this online selling thing would be a lot easier and would take off pretty quickly but not so. I sell locally at craft shows and festivals and do very well so I'm evidently missing something about online selling. The research shows I should be "social networking" but unfortunately for me that's like telling me to do Geometry homework. (HATED Geometry) So I started with Twitter....

Nearly everyone that has a computer knows about Twitter. Everyone but me. I had no idea how to "tweet" and be effective and from the looks of my sales, I still don't. I mean seriously folks, do people actually read these 140 character text that you're sending out to virtual strangers? And if they do read them do they react upon them by clicking on the item you just tweeted about? Just seems like a huge crap shoot to me. But I'll keep at it.

So here's the link to my Etsy shop. Hopefully you will find something there that catches your eye. (isn't that a weird expression? How do you "catch your eye"?)



I'm off right now to do my blog homework and figure out how to post links, pictures and etc. I'll be back later and tell you about the amazing Native American Forum I've discovered on Etsy.

Blessings to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment